Week 4 of #OpenNTalk Blogger’s League & we #NISSATalk team members came with new topic #NatureKnowsBest. Nature has created many species & one of them is human. As these species developed extra intelligence, it started creating things as per their requirement, with the help of nature’s creations. And at the end, human changed the definition of nature in dictionary …. “The words nature and natural are used for all the things that are normally not made by human. Things like weather, organisms, landforms, celestial bodies and much more are part of nature.” Nature has always taken care of us like a mother. We have got lots of things from nature. From our existence to survival & survival to end we are completely depended on nature. Nature has its own power to heal, protect, create or destroy. Nature always knows what is best for human & human has taken benefits of it.
Everything in nature is made up of five basic elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. Each of the five elements represents a state of matter. Earth is not just soil, but it is everything in nature that is solid. Water is everything that is liquid. Air is everything that is a gas. Fire is that part of Nature that transforms one state of matter into another. Space is the mother of the other elements. The five elements are associated with the five senses, and act as the gross medium for the experience of sensations. The basest element, earth, created using all the other elements, can be perceived by all five senses – (i) hearing, (ii) touch, (iii) sight, (iv) taste, and (v) smell. The next higher element, water, has no odor but can be heard, felt, seen and tasted. Next comes fire, which can be heard, felt and seen. Air can be heard and felt. Last but not the least “Akash” (aether) is beyond the senses of smell, taste, and touch. We are unaware of the 5 elements inside us. But the Yogi – who is an extremist and who has the knowledge of all the five elements understand the laws of nature. He is flawless in helping the nature to be on its own and does only things to help Mother Nature to be just her.
Nature has a power to heal us. Nature is the antidote for today’s busy and stressful world. Being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes you feel better emotionally, it also contributes to your physical well-being, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones. Several researches had been done related to natural healing – 1) Hospitals, offices, and schools has found that even a simple plant in a room can have a significant impact on stress and anxiety. 2) The patients who have tree view in the hospital room recovers faster as compare to the patients facing the wall. 3) 95% of those interviewed said their mood improved after spending time outside, changing from depressed, stressed, and anxious to more calm and balanced. 4) Viewing nature scenes increases our ability to pay attention. Because humans find nature inherently interesting, we can naturally focus on what we are experiencing out in nature. Nature is our greatest medicine cabinet: to date it has provided humankind with a multitude of life-saving medicines from quinine to aspirin, and from morphine to numerous cancer and HIV-fighting drugs.
Nature always inspired us. Imagine poetry without flowers, painting without landscapes, or film without scenery. Wait for a while, close your eyes & just imagine all your favorite movie scene or song without their natural background…. Imagine if Shakespeare had no rose to compare Juliet to…. What would the Jungle Book be without Baloo or the Wind in the Willows without Mr. Badger?
There are numerous things which nature has given to use free-of –charge. One blog will be not enough to count or explain about it. As a mother, nature always kept care of his child & preserves them in her lap. Being a human, somewhere we forgot (our origin), that we are also one of the species created by nature. Our inventions & discoveries to make a better living, slowly- slowly started to destroy the nature & its creations. Somewhere they disturbed all the 5 elements of nature & cycle. Disharmony among the five elements in nature is the cause of natural calamity. Earth – Earthquake, Water – Floods, storm, Fire – Blaze, Air – Hurricane, Void – Pollution. Which introduced us to a problem? “Global warming”…. And now it’s our duty to overcome this situation by hold each other’s hand & have a joint effort to save our planet. So we can able to give better life to next generation.
IF You Play With Nature,
It Will Play With Your Existence.
Some tips to reduce the global warming:-
- Making simple choices to save energy may help avoid the serious consequences of global warming. For example: Turn off the lights, close doors immediately so heat does not escape, take short showers, turn off your computer when not in use (don’t leave it on just to keep Facebook or Myspace active).
- Planting trees can help much in reducing global warming than any other method. They not only give oxygen but also take in carbon dioxide, during the process of photosynthesis, which is the main source of global warming. So next time, on your anniversary, birthday or other special occasion plant a tree…. Save earth.
- By driving less you are not only saving fuel but also helping in reducing global warming. Also, look out for other possibilities, for e.g.: car pooling. If you have colleagues who live in the same area then you can combine trips. If you need to go to a local market then either walk or go by cycle. Both of them are great form of exercise.
- Many people have caught the energy efficient band wagon of solar energy. Having solar panels installed is something readily possible and available. Incentives and discounts given by government agencies and energy companies make solar energy something to look into.
- Landfills are the major contributor of methane and other greenhouse gases. When the waste is burnt, it releases toxic gases in the atmosphere which result in global warming. Reusing and recycling old items can significantly reduce your carbon footprint as it takes far less energy to recycle old items than to produce items from scratch.
- Not only do the health benefits speak wonders for those who eat naturally, but it cuts down the energy costs used by factories that produce processed food.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper tissues or cloth tissues… because both increase wastage & energy.
- Use cloth diaper instead of disposable diaper… will help in reducing land & water wastage.
- When you drive make sure your tires are inflated properly. If not, then your vehicle might consume more fuel which in turn releases more CO2 in the atmosphere. Keep your engine properly tuned and drive less aggressively. Aggressive driving and frequent applying of brakes hampers the engine and can even lower the mileage of your car.
- Increase the use of steel product instead of plastic. Pack your eatable & drinkable products in steel utensils. If you have a party, than use organic plates.
- Save water by reusing it. Re-use the water used for washing cloth in swiping the floor, water used of vegetable cleaning, water saved from a/c & Ro can be used for gardening purpose. Follow one bucket rule to save water.
- Connecting with others will help you become more conscious of the impact we all have. The Climate Change National Forum and Global Humanitarian Forum are great avenues to know the latest facts, statistics, and efforts in making a difference. There is many other website which helps you, to increase your knowledge about reducing global warming effect. https://www.sierraclub.org/ , http://www.audubon.org, https://www.worldwildlife.org/, https://www.greenpeace.org/international/, https://www.nwf.org/ many more….
- Always try your best to educate people about global warming and its causes and after affects. Tell them how they can contribute their part by saving energy that will be good for the environment. Gather opportunities and establish programs that will help you to share information with friends, relatives and neighbors.
We all can give our contribution by playing little mindful, in reducing the global warming. Let’s hold each other’s hand in the race of protecting our existences & reducing global warming.
I’m part of team #NISSAtalks. Stay tuned as all through June, we will be opening up and talking about a host of topics.
This week, we are all writing on #NatureKnowsBest
Don’t forget to checkout my teammates posts:
Nupur (www.practicalmum.net) &